I never share anything that I make with you, so enjoy. They all include the use of GLITTER, PAPER, and SCISSORS! Plus hot glue! :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
I never share anything that I make with you, so enjoy. They all include the use of GLITTER, PAPER, and SCISSORS! Plus hot glue! :)
Thursday, January 28, 2010
the last couple of nights i've been looking online for dinner recipes. i'm not a recipe girl at all, i'm good with what my mom taught me growing up and i go from there. i don't like to take chances on recipes and new things in fear that i won't like it and will have ruined dinner. kylie thinks i'm a great cook, and says because of me his gut is now fuller and wider. it doesn't help that the space between his ribs and hip bone is approximately 1". it's ridiculous! anyway, last night i made bubble up pizza. oh my! it was amazing. i borrowed pizza sauce from abbie and zac, so they came over and indulged too.
1 can biscuits-cut into quarters
1.5 cups pizza sauce
1 bag shredded mozz. cheese
and whatever kind of topping you would like
Preheat oven to 375 F. Take 9x13 baking pan and line bottom with pepperoni. Then in a bowl mix the biscuits, sauce, and 3/4 bag of cheese, along with other topping. Place mixture on top of pepperonis. Then top off with chesse and any remaining toppings. Bake for 30-35 mins.
We used browned hamburger, pepperoni, and mushrooms
***I used jumbo biscuits and they were not done all the way through so we had to re-bake. If caught in this situation, cut the biscuits smaller :) ***
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 3:23 PM
Monday, January 25, 2010
i was going to blog about some things i've made using glitter, paper, and scissors, however i fell asleep. i've been really tired and kinda didn't feel good. so when kylie left and caroline was asleep, i laid down with her. i just woke up THREE hours later! and this sweet pea is still sleeping.
i'll try to write a legit blog tomorrow, but enjoy my sweet baby girl today. i sure do.
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 4:21 PM
Friday, January 22, 2010
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 9:22 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010
welcome to our new shabby chic bedroom. i forgot to take before pictures, so enjoy the now pictures.
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 3:35 PM
something amazing happens! caroline joann ROLLED over today! she was so close last night, but today she did it. from back to belly too! i just looked over and there she was belly down. i cried i was so happy. now i just keep flipping her and she just keeps rolling then gets so mad because she hates being on her belly! here my little sweet pea is, so proud! i just love her blue eyes, thank you daddy kylie :)
p.s. i was going to blog my new shabby chic bedroom today, but carlie trumps that anyday! so maybe later during her nap
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 10:31 AM
Friday, January 15, 2010
so my brother in law and his friend recently opened up a new land surveying office in my building's back room. they have a very quaint little office and we share a hallway and bathroom. they officially were up and running january 4th...and that's when the harassment began. first week, jade pokes his head through our beaded curtain doorway and asked if i'd been in the back. i told him yeah i'd seen it, looks good. he just grins real big and says ok and goes back to his office. later i went back to the bathroom and discovered something very similar to this, hanging from the purple bathroom's door!
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 1:29 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
1. i am a huge tv head. i have dvr and it's set shows everyday, saturday and sunday included! it's terrible and i watch some really TERRIBLE stuff. for some reason i really am in to bad reality like...JERSEY SHORE! oh my i can't believe i'm admitting it. but something about snooki and "the situation" draw me in for more. GTL baby, GTL. (gym, tan, laundry, everyday!) i was pretty bad with tv before caroline, but now that i wake up in the middle of the night, i have to watch something. i try to watch my hour long shows before bed so that i don't get sucked in to them in the middle of the night. yes, i've been known to feed the baby and continue watching tv to finish an awesome episode of greys. tv...it's my drug.
2. i sleep in "late". to me, 8-8:30, is not late. BUT i go to work at 10, while the average person is at work by 8. that means for you commuters you're LEAVING your house at 7! people always say i need to get up early but tell me why. if you worked in town and your sitter was in town and you went to work at 10, would you still wake up at 6? i don't think so. i have a baby that sleeps late, so i take advantage of it. today she woke up at 7 and i did too, i was 40 mins early to work. i didn't know what to do with myself! i LOVE sleep!
3. i hate everything about organic foods. i know, some might think i'm crazy, but i don't really buy into it. i feel like if i am cooking my family meals each night and it's not from a box i'm doing good. my grandparents are 86 and 90 years old and doing very well. i know my grandma loves to cook with bacon grease and puts butter on bologna sandwiches. my feeling is, if you're not eating out or preparing precooked meals every meal you're going to be fine. live your life eating delicious-ness, you only live once.
4. i have glasses. i hardly EVER wear them. if i'm sick or lazy i wear them to hide my tired eyes, but that's really it. they have a very LOW perscription. i got them in high school to just sharpen up things. my left eye is the "bad" one, but i don't even notice a problem. when i slip on my glasses, i don't see a change. but i have them and they're cute.
5. like my sister annie, i was also in tumbling and cheerleading. i cheered 6 years! my town was always known for good cheerleaders. the best in our conference. was this a known thing to the common basketball or football fan, no. but we knew we were the best. my senior year i almost didn't try out b/c i was going to graduate early. i'm really glad i cheered, but wish i would have graduated early. i think my best year was my senior year for me. i learned how to roll my hips out in my jumps and really fly through my flip flops. i had an amazing stunt group with two of my best friends. we were really good. that sounds so terrible but really we were. hillary was our flyer and she was so flexible. she would take one leg above her head and hold with the opposite hand and pull her other arm through. pretty much like a human bow and arrow, it was truely amazing. she hated being dropped and she knew no matter what i would always catch her, and i did. oh yeah, and our football team went to the final four for the first time in YEARS! it was so fun.
6. i am a huge home body. i'm not sure if it is because i'm the youngest, but i hate being away from home. i used to have a really hard time spending the night at friend's houses. mostly when i was in elementary school and jr. high. but when i moved to eiu my freshman year, i hated it. i wanted to be home SO bad, i went home EVERY weekend. i didn't party, so i went home. i loved my honeymoon, but i wanted to come home after about 4 days. it's not just me that i want to be home. when i was little i would cry when my parents left. one time kylie went on tour two weeks and i was a mess. i just hated it. which leads me to 7.
7. i have a fear that myself or my loved ones will be killed. either in accidents or murdered. isn't it terrible. why would i ever think someone would be murdered. i think i watched to many scary movies growing up. i know when i was young my cousin's girlfriend got in a BAD accident. she had some broken ribs and stuff, but was totally ok. but i was so scared it would happen to my parents, that when i was in school that i would cry in class(3rd grade). i was once pulled out of class to talk to the school counseler. she seriously asked me if one of my parents were abusing me! can you even believe it?!
8. i hate doing my hair. every morning it is the thing i dread most. i always have to wet it down(crazy bedhead), blow it dry AND straighten it. i like to style it different each day, but it's so hard sometimes. i'm recently trying to grow it out, but it is SO hard. i've been growning for a year now. its currently just below my chin and last year it was the bottom of my ear. really not much growth. i've had some "healthy" trims, but not really a good CUT. i was itching to cut it today, but i didn't. i've gone this long, so i'm going to try a little longer. why do i do this to myself?!
9. i LOVE a good soda. i like it all. my go to is always coca-cola. pepsi is for wieners. i've recently rediscoverd dr. pepper and vanilla coke. oh yum! i would say the best way to have a soda is cold, on ice (cubed or crushed). so delicious. i can even drink them room temp. nothing like a fresh bag of pop corn and an ice cold coke. oh man, that might have to be my snack during the real world. yup, it's another bad show on my list.
10. i really want a tattoo on my foot. my dear friend and co worker casey has a wonderful pair of scissors with pretty swirls on her foot. i love it. she tells me to get it, but i don't want to be a copy cat, she doesn't care. but i do. i've wanted to get "walk by faith" but i'm not sure if i just want words of pretty filigree around it. OR if i want print or script. i feel that it's the best that suits me. my fear is that in 10 years from now i won't love it, OR that it won't turn out how i envisioned it and i will forever hate it. i just love it though. case wan't "my treasure is heaven" i also love that, i hope she gets it. we've recently talked of peacock feather, and it just sounds FABULOUS! but again a fear of hate, and it's a forever thing.
ok i tag....
jillian at i still take out the trash
tiffany at ramblings of a newlywed
elise at elise is...
ashlie at the factory
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 9:03 PM
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
on hot summer night, we were supposed to go to decatur to help friends rearrange their furniture. courtney called me and said they had to cancel because some bogus reason. i was bummed and she said "maybe you'll come anyway and he'll take you on a date." i replied, "yeah right, maybe he'll propose" totally joking! i called kylie to tell him the news and he suggusted we went up there anyway and play mini golf at this place we've never been before. i thought it sounded fun so i agreed. he swung by and picked me up on his way home from work. on the way there i had told him that i always make my friend ashley paint my nails before the weekend just in case. he was like dream on sister. and we laughed. we ate at culvers then headed to the put put golf in the park. we walked around and he showed me this bench that had starry night painted on it. then we went to play. it was july 28, 2006 and was SO hot! we were playing and there was this creepy high school kid that was just playing by himself and we would just hop around from hole to hole in no order. kylie kept complaining about creepy kid and i was complaining how stinking hot it was! he asked if i wanted to go play a different course and i said "no, lets just finish this crap and go home. i'm freakin sweating!" so on the last hole, he hits his ball super fast and RUNS to the end. i didn't know what he was doing so i did the same. there were giant dice blocks, so i couldn't really see him. when i got there he was pushing our balls into the hole then he looked up holding this!
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 12:12 PM
Monday, January 11, 2010
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 2:40 PM
ok, back to where we left off. so i was not sad about the jared situation at all, only that i had screwed up my opportunity with kylie. i talked to kolby about it at school and he told me to just keep trying. kolby had let me listen to kylie's new cd(the one he recently recorded) and i was BLOWN away. it didn't even sound like the same band. it was SO good. since kylie wouldn't speak to me, i felt this was a good oppurtunity to send him an email. so i emailed him and told him how impressed i was with the new fingerprints ep and that i just couldn't believe how amazing it sounded. i went on for a little bit then said hope you are well-maggie. i can't really remember, but i don't think he emailed me back. but kolby said to be persistant, so i did. i went over after school or something and it was only kylie, kolby and their parents. not the group of friends i had thought there would be. so it was kind of awkward. kylie and kolby were playing a video game in kolby's room so i sat down on the bed next to kylie. he wouldn't even acknowledge me! kolby had a phone call so it was only me and mr. not so happy to see me. i tried to talk to him a little bit and again tell him how good his cd was, but then he was wanted on the phone. kolby came back and i told him about my failed attempt. again he said not to give up. so i went home and this is where it kind of gets blurry...i think at this point we are now in the new year(2005) i really don't know if kylie was talking to me very much, maybe but only keeping it short. but i continued hanging out there, because well all my friends did and i still liked him. so one weekend a group of us were headed down to jerseyville to stay with other friends. kylie some how got stuck in the back seat with me. about half way through the ride i guess he couldn't take it anymore and grabbed my hand. CHA CHING i was back in! :) we had a great trip and when we got back and in a private setting we talked about what had happened. he had liked me all along but wanted to make me feel bad and guilty for what i had done, which was totally fair. so kylie and i continued our hand holding. we weren't officially dating and we were always on again off again. mostly because i was scared to commit to him again and fears of breaking up. i was happy where we were, but then kylie told me it was my last chance. so i jumped on board! in march of 2005, we were a couple and this is when my life began to change...
Posted by Maggie Daniel at 8:44 AM