Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I almost forgot!

I promised more pictures from my redo weekend!  Whoops!  So, here we go...

This shelf I bought three years ago at bloomington, it was cute but i didn't love it so I added the blue.  And I've hated it since I hung it on the wall three years ago.  Oh and the gold D, I have like no gold anywhere, so they both got a coat of spray paint!


The shelf got a coat of Krylon Ivy Leaf...like five coats...two cans.  And the D got Krylon Watermelon or something like that.  I love them both now!
And I already had all these green and pink frames in the shelf, so i just worked out to have that color combo.  I had to rough of the paint and make the "old" blue come through.  It made it even better!  My sis-in-law thought I brushed painted it, but i tricked her with spray!

Then because I snagged the blue curtains from the living room for the bedroom I had to hang my favorite leaf curtains from IKEA.  I LOVE THESE!

 Here they are behind my coffee table turned end table. 
Oh and I painted my frame, used to be white and i don't know why I never did anything to it.  It was plain and boring now it's FABULOUS!
Oh and because I think you want to see it too.  Here's my big glove form.  It's for latex gloves.  I got it at a flea market and love it.  And my fat stack of decor books.  Every home needs a stack!
 

Tomorrow, Caroline's first swim!

4 comments:

Annie said...

so much better! I hated that blue shelf too!

Oh post your family picture - it's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Well somebody is in the spray painting mood....once you start, you can't stop. I keep going around looking for something else to spray...LOL!

Abbie said...

ditto...hated that shelf. much better now. and, you owe me some paint :)

just_me_tiff said...

Yes I love the shelf now and you did trick me! Totally thought it was painted on...i love all the redos! I agree with Annie, show the family pic...Hazel deserves it!